Continuous learning is a key factor in keeping your health. We suggest fascinating books for your reading list. Here are a few tidbits:
- Our bodies are continuously built and reshaped by the bacteria inside us.
- Eating one cup of beans or lentils each day is one of the habits of the people that live the longest.
- Diet is the #1 contributor to global disease burden, even beyond smoking.
- There are times it is better not to have doctors try to fix you.
Recommended reading books are covered in four articles:
- Our Bodies — How does your microbiome, diet and lifestyle affect your physical and mental health?
- Always Protect Yourself! — What are risks and dangers in your daily life? How can you stay safe?
- Increasing Healthspan and Lifespan
- The Past, Present and Future of Human Health
Each book will change the way you think about the world and yourself. The authors write with wit and lively style. Despite what you may think from the titles, these are fast-paced and hard to put down once you start. Please dedicate regular reading time on your calendar, perhaps by skipping TV for a day each week. It is worth it.