Not Just Diet and Exercise. 22 Key Factors to Keep Health in 2022.
Here are 22 key health factors for 2022. They go beyond just diet and exercise since your health must be considered comprehensively. What improvements are you willing to make?
- Regular high quality sleep -- with high quality sleep, you can focus on your health.
- Safe exposome (your lifetime of environmental exposures).
- Choose to live where there is clean air and water.
- Avoid toxins and hazardous substances.
- Enjoy a safe and friendly setting where you feel respected, valued and encouraged to reach your full potential.
- Social interaction -- active social relationships increase health and longevity by improving key biomarkers of physical health.
- Robust microbiome -- go read I Contain Multitudes, fascinating and fun insights into life.
- Keeps us alive.
- Protects us against germs.
- Breaks down food to release energy.
- Produces vitamins.
- Food and beverage discipline -- don’t give up your favorite unhealthy foods. Do minimize the portions and frequency of consumption.
- Intermittent fasting and caloric restriction -- both are proven to increase healthspan and lifespan, if done carefully.
- Dietary supplements -- even a good diet doesn't provide everything you need as your body ages.
For how many of these key factors are you in excellent health today?
How are you monitoring and confirming that?
What areas would you like to improve? What area do you have the willpower to change today and continuously going forward?
Pick one and start making a difference in your healthspan. A good way to check back in with yourself to see how you are doing is to put notes on your calendar at the beginning and end of each month to set and confirm progress on your health improvement goals.
After you implement healthy changes into your daily routine, splurge a bit and reward yourself by purchasing an Oculus Quest 2 for $299. While gas prices make real travel expensive, immerse yourself in new virtual worlds to explore and play. You'll get some exercise too! Your future is amazing.