Not Just Diet and Exercise. 21 Key Factors to Keep Health in 2021.
Are you ready to start your New Year’s resolution for better health? No worries if you didn’t make one. You can still succeed. 2021 will end much better than it will start!
So, how does a person like you with a busy life keep up with the latest research into what would allow them to keep their health? Given a shortage of time, health-conscious people typically focus on diet and exercise. However, your health must be considered comprehensively and cover at least these 21 key health factors for 2021:
- Regular high quality sleep -- with high quality sleep, you can focus on your health.
- Safe exposome (your lifetime of environmental exposures).
- Choose to live where there is clean air and water.
- Avoid toxins and hazardous substances.
- Enjoy a safe and friendly setting where you feel respected, valued and encouraged to reach your full potential.
- Social interaction
- Robust microbiome -- go read I Contain Multitudes, fascinating and fun insights into life.
- Keeps us alive.
- Protects us against germs.
- Breaks down food to release energy.
- Produces vitamins.
- Food and beverage discipline -- don’t give up your favorite unhealthy foods. Do minimize the portions and frequency of consumption.
- Dietary supplements
For how many of these key factors are you in excellent health today?
How are you monitoring and confirming that?
What areas would you like to improve? What area do you have the willpower to change today and continuously going forward? Pick one and start making a difference in your healthspan. A good way to check back in with yourself to see how you are doing is to put notes on your calendar at the beginning and end of each month to set and confirm progress on your health improvement goals.
After you implement healthy changes into your daily routine, splurge a bit and reward yourself by purchasing an Oculus Quest 2 for $299. With it you can survive quarantine by immersing yourself in new worlds to explore and play. You'll get some exercise too! Your future is amazing.