Not Just Diet and Exercise. 18 Key Factors to Keep Health
How does a person with a busy life keep up with the latest research into what would allow them to keep their health? Given a shortage of time, health-conscious people typically focus on diet and exercise. However, health must be considered comprehensively and cover at least these elements:
- Regular high quality sleep -- with high quality sleep, you can focus on your health
- Safe exposome (your lifetime of environmental exposures)
- Choose to live where there is clean air and water
- Avoid toxins and hazardous substances
- Enjoy a safe and friendly setting where you feel respected, valued and encouraged to reach your full potential
- Social interaction
- Robust microbiome -- go read I Contain Multitudes, fascinating and fun insights into life
- Keeps us alive
- Protects us against germs
- Breaks down food to release energy
- Produces vitamins
- Periodontal care / Oral health -- pathogenic oral bacteria negatively impact your microbiome and cause cardiovascular disease, possibly even Alzheimers.
- Proper gait (walking style) -- custom orthotics are recommended
- Flexibility -- often forgotten. Build it into your daily routine
- Exercise -- exercising without proper gait and flexibility leads to injuries
- Brain protection -- avoid contact sports, head injuries and chronic stress
- Strength training
- Proper breathing and posture -- including when running
- Standard and seasonal immunizations
- Eye protection -- sunglasses, regular vision exams
- Skin and lip protection -- sunscreen and lip block. Many people forget the lip block…Don’t get lip cancer.
- Hearing protection -- wear earplugs at noisy events and for better sleep
- Continuous learning / Getting smarter
- Having a purpose in life -- research shows that people who know their life purpose and why they wake up in the morning live up to seven years longer.
For how many of these key factors are you in excellent health today?
How are you monitoring and confirming that?
What areas would you like to improve? What area do you have the willpower to change today? Pick one and start making a difference in your healthspan.
After you implement changes into your daily routine, reward yourself by purchasing Sky High Rocket Balloons. They also make great gifts.